Sunday 25 January 2009

Cleaning parts and casing

Now its all virtually stripped down its time to take stock and clean. I removed old gaskets from the casing using a screwdriver and sometimes a chisel, taking care not to damage the surface. Then I used a wire brush attachment on a drill to clean the outer casing.



Then I cleaned the whole lot, inside and out with an engine degreasant called 'Gunk', and then washed it all off with warm soapy water.

Some of the parts that were due to be refitted I gunked, washed with warm soapy water, and then ran them through the Zanussi parts washer that we happen to have in our kitchen:


Tip: don't do this. Your parts will end up nice and clean, your dishwasher won't. I spent longer cleaning the dishwasher than I would have cleaning the parts properly :)

No comments: