Friday 27 February 2009

Cylinder kit

I bought a cylinder kit from Sundar Scoots this week. They seem like nice people, and the package arrived today in good time and very well packed up.

Michael at Sundar tells me the head is made by SIL and the rest of it is made elsewhere. The finish of the cylinder and piston looks excellent and exceeded my expectations. Here's a couple of pics:



Unfortunately the head is a completely different story, and its finish is pretty ropey to say the least. I'm not sure if my expectations are a little high and they're all like this, or whether I've been sent a duff one. I'm sending these pics to Sundar to see what they think. Look at the bent fin with the hole in it in this shot:


And in this shot (click to zoom in) you can see the rough finish generally.



The thread of the plug socket looks a little suspect too, but I'm not going to try a plug in it until I've heard from Sundar. If they're all like this then so be it, but surely not?

UPDATE: Sundar are sending me a new head, they were very apologetic about the quality of this one. Excellent service! I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

No comments: