Sunday 9 November 2008

What's all this then?

Wasted knowledge is a bad thing. There's a whole load of people out there restoring or maintaining their Lambretta scooters, picking up tips and tricks on the way, and not sharing them in the way t'internet enables us to.

I restored a Series 2 a couple of years back, and prior to that had never even touched a scooter, only cars. I learned lots, but didn't make notes. I got it on the road only to have it stolen 2 weeks later. Now, 2 years on, I've virtually forgotten what I did and how I did it.

Well now I'm back with another Series 2, and this time I'm going to document what I do to it so I can hopefully help others doing the same, and also help myself if I ever come to do this yet again. On the way I'll not only be taking detailed photographs and notes, but I'll be expressing my opinions on the products I buy and the suppliers I buy them from.

No comments: